1. I daydream about being REALLY good at a particular thing… Like being associated with a skill that is amazing… and having people say, “Ohhh! Erica, she’s the amazing ballet dancer” or “Ohhh! Erica, she’s the incredible opera singer!”
2. I come from a long line of nurses… my grandmother is a nurse, my mum is a nurse, my dad WAS a nurse, my aunt is a nurse. I spent the majority of my childhood swearing black and blue that I’d NEVER become a nurse…
3. I am a serial buyer and taker backer. I rarely try things on at the shops, I just see something I like, buy it, and then take it back if need be. I am an expert on stores refund policies.
4. I have two mantras in life. “All things happen for a reason” and “Let go and let God”.
5. I once burnt my toe in a cheese and tomato sandwich. Seriously.
6. Anyone who says they LOVE to exercise, is lying.
7. Despite #2, I adore being a nurse. I feel like it was always in my DNA, and I feel like I fulfill a purpose in the world each day, no matter how minute it may be. I love looking after my kiddies, and their families, and they affect me more than I realise.
8. Dawson’s Creek speaks to me. It hits a place deep deeep in my teenage heart. I was Joey, and he was Dawson. Ugh, teen angst…
9. One of my favourite things to do is to go to the flower markets with my mum. We get up super early, buy a V on the way, and race around like crazy women!
10. I want to own my own florist one day shop with my cousin Jess … part time florist, part time nurse/midwife!
11. I am incredibly emotional. I find myself getting teary over anything remotely happy, sentimental, or lovely.
12. When my baby brother was born, I was in grade 1 and I took him to school for show and tell!
13. I love camping. Some of our happiest and most fun holidays were camping on the green grass right on the edge of Lake Hume in Albury. We would ski and wakeboard by day, and chill out by night.
14. I wish I lived on the upper east side and my life was Gossip Girl. Although, in the same breath, I’d be completely content with living in a tiny country town.
15. When I get to heaven I’m going to ask to sing and play the piano like Katie Noonan.
16. I fall more and more in love with my husband every day, so much so, that sometimes I think I might burst.
17. I want to grow old… I want to be so lucky to have that many years of living, and I want to pack them full.
18. I hadn’t listened to the Spice Girls since about 1999, then the other day I put their CD on, and I knew EVERY SINGLE WORD.
19. I remember sulking in my cousin’s room being forced to play lego with my brothers and my little boy cousin while my two super cool older girl cousins went to see MC Hammer in concert, decked out in their hypercolour t-shirts, parachute pants, scrunchy socks, and crimped hair. I was deemed “too young”. Most traumatic night of my life.
20. I am in love with my bridesmaids. They consist of my 2 cousins from #19, my childhood friend whom I spend years and years camping with in #13, my beautiful friend whom I met completely randomly at Castle Hill McDonald’s one night, and another beautiful nurse friend from uni who just ‘gets me’.
21. I love the photos on my fridge of my babies from work. Most people think it is sad, and while it is sad - I feel happy looking at them. I love them, and I don’t want to forget them.